These are great to make ahead and eat them for a quick grab and go breakfast on weekday mornings.
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup half N half
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ green bell pepper – diced small
- ½ onion – diced small
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup diced ham
- 1 cup grated gruyere cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place olive oil, peppers, and onions into a stovetop skillet.
- Cook on high for 2 minutes; reduce to medium-low and cook for another 4-5 minutes
- Remove from pan; set aside to cool.
- Beat eggs and half n half until thoroughly mixed.
- Stir in nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Spray a muffin tin with no-stick cooking spray.
- Place a large pinch of cheese on the bottom of each of the muffin cups.
- Add a Tablespoon of ham to each muffin cup.
- Add a small teaspoon of the cooked onion/pepper mixture.
- Fill muffin cups about ¾ full.
- Top with another liberal pinch of the cheese.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes; until the puff up and the cheese starts to lightly brown.
- Cuisine: Breakfast/Brunch