Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies are bold chocolate cookies that have a hint of spice. They are perfect for the holidays or just for a special treat.
- 2 sticks (1 cup) of salted butter (if you don’t use salted butter, you will need to add a bit of salt to wet ingredients when you mix them)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1–1/2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 plus a pinch more of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 bag mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Add eggs, sugar, butter, and vanilla to a mixing bowl.
- With a stand mixer or hand mixer, mix on medium speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Add baking soda and baking powder, cinnamon, cayenne.
- Add flour 1/4 cup at a time, mixing as you go until all of the flour is incorporated. (Careful not to overmix the dough.)
- Add mini chocolate chips and mix one more time until chips are mixed into the dough.
- With a spoon or a cookie scoop, spoon out small spoonfuls of dough and roll them into small balls.
- Place them on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Gently flatten each cookie ball with the heal of your palm.
- Bake 15-17 minutes.
- Cool completely and dust with confectioners sugar.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Christmas cookies, spicy sweets, spicy baking, chocolate cookies