Ripe sweet melon with bright red dragon fruit, some prosciutto, and basil drizzled with a lite honey lime dressing and you have a beautiful Melon and Dragon Fruit Salad.
- 1 small cantaloupe
- 1 red dragon fruit
- 6 slices of prosciutto – sliced into small ribbons
- 8–10 fresh basil leaves
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 3 TBS rice wine vinegar
- 1 TBS honey
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
For the fruit
- Slice melon in half and remove seeds.
- Use a melon baller to make small balls or slice into small pieces.
- Slice dragon fruit into 1-2 inch slices and use a small cookie cutter to make shapes or cut into small pieces.
- Slice prosciutto into thin ribbons.
- Keep basil leaves whole
For the dressing:
- In a mason jar, mix lime juice and zest, olive oil, honey, and vinegar.
- Drizzle over salad.
- Wear disposable gloves when handling red dragon fruit because it stains.
- You can make the salad ahead of time (same day as serving) and drizzle dressing right before you serve it.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Slicing
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fruit salad, tropical fruit salad, summer fruit, summer salad