This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This Marinated White Bean Salad is simple and satisfying and comes together in just minutes. It’s a combination of creamy white beans with fresh herbs and olive oil.
I bet you didn’t know that one can of beans, some fresh herbs, and spices, with olive oil, could be one of the most amazing taste sensations.
We fell in love with the creaminess of the white beans with olive oil dressing that soaks into the toast and the fresh herbs that pop with flavor.
- Cannellini Beans – For some reason, cannellini beans are a go-to pantry item for me so I always have a few cans on hand. This recipe is very flexible so you can also use Great Northern Beans or Navy Beans.
- Red Wine Vinegar – I think the type of vinegar you use really makes a difference. Although I have several different types and flavors of vinegar, I highly recommend using the red wine vinegar for this recipe because it has a fruity back flavor with nice tanginess.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Lemon Zest
- Fresh Herbs – I used both fresh thyme and fresh parsley because they bring a whole lot of fresh flavor to this dish. I also used dried oregano, mostly because I didn’t have any fresh oregano. If you have fresh, certainly use it!
- Salt and Pepper
Serving White Bean Salad
We like to eat this salad on a piece of toast that has been brushed with olive oil. You can also serve it with a sturdy cracker, like a Triscuit.
If you’d like to use it more as an accompaniment, you can spoon it over grill pork chops or simply grilled chicken breasts.
You can also serve it as a side dish salad. It’s perfect with grilled hamburgers and steak.
I think it makes a really nice brunch item. So next time I have friends and family over for brunch, my Marinated White Bean Salad will definitely be on the menu.
krazy kitchen mom tips
- Make sure you thoroughly rinse the beans under cool water before using them.
- To mix all of the ingredients, gently stir the beans with a small spatula so that the beans do not tear.
- Serve this dish cold or at room temperature.
- Store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for 3-4 days.
Marinated White Bean Salad
- 1 15.5- ounce can of white beans – I used Canelli beans
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBS red wine vinegar
- Zest from one lemon
- 1 TBS chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Drain and rinse the white beans in cool water.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and gently stir with a spatula.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.