You won’t even miss the carbs or the cream in this Low Carb Low Calorie Homemade Tomato Soup. It’s creamy, full of fresh tomatoes and herbs. So good you won’t make tomato soup any other way.
- 4–6 Roma tomatoes
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small (14.5 ounces) can of whole, peeled tomatoes (I used San Marzano Tomatoes)
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth (substitution: vegetable broth)
- 3 TBS fresh thyme (substitution: 1 TBS dried thyme)
- 4 fresh Thyme sprigs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Slice the tomatoes into quarters.
- Slice the garlic clove in half.
- Toss the tomatoes and garlic in the olive oil.
- Place the tomatoes and garlic onto a cookie sheet and add salt and pepper.
- Roast them for 15 minutes.
- When the tomatoes and garlic are finished cooking, pour the entire pan (with juices) into a blender.
- Add the can of whole tomatoes (juices included).
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour the tomato soup, from the blender, into a stove-top pan.
- Add the chicken broth and thyme.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh thyme sprigs (optional).
Vegetarian and Vegan substitution: use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth
- Category: soup
- Method: roasted, blended
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low calorie, low carb, keto friendly, vegan friendly