Loaded Mashed Potato Cakes are one of the best ways to use up leftover mashed potatoes. We’ve loaded these with ham, cheese, and sour cream.
- 2 cups of cold mashed potatoes
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced ham
- 3 TBS sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1–1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Add mashed potatoes to a large mixing bowl.
- Add cheese, ham, sour cream and mix together with a wooden spoon.
- Add salt, pepper, oinion powder, garlic powder, and 1/3 cup panko, 1/3 cup parmesan and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate dish, mix the remaining 1 cup of panko and 2/3 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out a ball of the potato mixture. Roll it in the panko cheese mixture and place it on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Repeate making all of the potatoe cakes.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Category: Leftovers
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: leftover mashed potatoes, potato fritters, potato cakes