Lemon Glazed Funfetti Sugar Cookies are a soft sugar cookie dipped into a tart, sweet lemon glaze and decorated with colorful sprinkles.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1–1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup confectioners sugar
- Juice from one large lemon (3–4 TBS)
- 4–6 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- With a hand mixer or in a stand mixer, blend butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla
- Add flour and baking powder.
- Mix until dough forms.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes.
- Cool completely before glazing.
- Using a whisk, mix confectioners sugar and lemon juice until there are no lumps.
- Drizzle cooled cookies with lemon glaze and add sprinkles