Lemon Cream Cheese Puff Pastry Braid is made with lemon curd and cream cheese for a sweet but tart lemony taste. A quick breakfast or dessert that’s done in less than an hour, start-to-finish.
- 1 sheet of refrigerator puff pastry (the package I use usually has two sheets)
- 1 8-0z. package of cream cheese softened
- 1 jar lemon curd
- 1 egg
- 1 TBS confectioners sugar (to dust top of cook braid)
- Thaw puff pastry on the counter for 30-40 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and lemon 1/3 jar lemon curd with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Roll out pastry with a rolling pin so it’s 9 x 11 size.
- Make a knife (or just eyeball) to guide that you are dividing the pastry into thirds.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture down the middle of the pastry and top it with the remaining jar of lemon curd.
- Cut equal diagonal strips of the pastry on each side of the outer thirds.
- Bring individual strips to the middle to cover the cream cheese and create a braid pattern.
- Mix egg with 1 TBS water.
- Brush the braid with the egg.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Cool thoroughly.
- Dust with confectioners sugar.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes