I recently joined a baking challenge by Sally from Sallys Baking Addiction and I make this decadent Lava Cake. Both entering the challenge and baking a lava cake were a first for me and I must say it turned out perfectly. I followed Sally’s recipe to the tee and added my own Raspberry Coulee. Click here for Sally’s Lava Cake recipe and see my Raspberry Coulis recipe below.
My husband, Vince, was the usual taste-tester and before I could even get a bite, he ate the entire cake. Luckily I made four little cakes with Sally’s recipe (I used small ramekins). I saved the remaining three Lava Cakes as my son and his fiancé were coming for dinner that night. And again, before I could get a bite they were almost gone. Well, my taste-testers know best so trust them…this is fantastic!
A delicious raspberry sauce that goes perfectly with chocolate cake and ice cream.
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- 1 TBS sugar
- 1 TBS water
- Place all three ingredients in stove top pan.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring continuously until the sugar has melted and the raspberries are a sauce consistency.
- In a fine mesh strainer, strain raspberry sauce into a bowl.
- Discard remains seeds.
- Chill for 30 minutes before serving.