This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Even as adults, my kids still like Ramen. And let’s face it, the world now loves Ramen…just look at all the noodle bars popping up all over.
I made this with a traditional bag of blue Ramen (we’ve always referred to them by their colors at our house) and added some fresh and colorful fruits and vegetables.
Heck, these fresh veggies and fruit could make a great meal on their own. But not today – today we are using them in Kicked Up Ramen. I used celery, carrots, corn, red and yellow bell pepper and a sweet juicy mango (because mango makes everything better).
Vince (hubby) looked a little perplexed when I was making this but one bite and he was happy. He even asked if we could have this on a regular basis. Now that’s the endorsement I like to hear!
- 1 Mango – diced
- 2 celery stalks – diced
- 5 small red and yellow peppers – sliced
- 2 carrots – peeled and I used a peeler to get the small think ribbons
- ½ bag frozen (because I didn’t have fresh) corn – thawed
- 1 bag Oriental flavored Ramen noodles with flavor pack
- 1 TBS rice wine vinegar
- 4 TBS lite soy sauce
- 2 TBS honey
- 1 TBS Hoisin sauce
- DIRECTIONS FOR THE SAUCE
- Mix the last five ingredients and the Ramen flavor pack with a whisk in a bowl.
- Set aside
- DIRECTIONS FOR THE RAMEN
- Cook the Ramen noodles in the microwave or stove top according to the directions.
- When the Ramen noodles are cooked, add the Kicked Up Ramen sauces and mix with a tongs. Hint: You want them to soak up the sauce but not to be laying in a bowl of sauce.
- Split the Ramen in sauce between two bowls and arrange the prepared veggies around the edge of the blow.