Jennie O Bahn Mi Turkey Burger has all of the robust flavors of a traditional Bahn Mi with a healthier side of turkey burger.
I’m still going strong with my Eat More Turkey campaign and participating in #switchcircle and this turkey burger does not disappoint. Did you know that Bahn Mi is the Vietnamese word for a single baguette? That’s right and if you’ve never had one they are a bit sweet and tangy and a little spicy.
We have a local sandwich shop that makes the best Bahn Mi sandwiches. They pack theirs full of roasted pork which is traditional for this Vietnamese sandwich. I decided to change it up a bit and use some of the traditional topping on a Jennie O Bahn Mi Turkey Burger.
Jennie O Bahn Mi Turkey Burger
- 2 Jennie-O Turkey Burgers
- 1/2 cup carrots – cut julienne
- 3 radishes – sliced thin
- 4–6 thin slices of cucumber
- 1 jalapeño – seeds removed and sliced thin
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 TBS sugar
- 2 TBS mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha Sauce
- 2 burger buns
For the pickled vegetables:
- Dissolve sugar in the vinegar.
- Add the cut vegetables and let them sit for at least 30 minutes.
For the sauce:
- Mix the mayo and Sriracha sauce.
For the burger:
- Grill the turkey burger per the instructions.
- Toast the buns on the grill.
- Spread 1 TBS Sriracha mayo on bottom of each burger bun.
- Place the turkey burger on to of the mayo.
- Place 2-3 slice of cucumber on the burger.
- Top with 2-3 TBS of the pickled vegetables.