I am a firm believer in breakfast! It is my most important meal of the day. And I think I could live on anything breakfast or brunch every minute of every day. I made this fruit toast one Tuesday morning before I headed to the office. In addition to my love for eating breakfast and breakfast foods I like to cook or prepare breakfast foods most of all.
Again, I turned to my well stocked refrigerator and pantry to find something to make on this Tuesday morning. I had pumpernickel bread left over from the weekend which I love. Pumpernickel toasts nicely to a dark brown color that has a hearty but sweet flavor. And of course I always have Greek yogurt.
If you haven’t experimented with making fruit toast, try this one first. It not only tastes like a summer morning but just looking at it will put a big smile on your face.Print
- Category: Breakfast/Brunch
- 1 ripe peach – sliced
- 10-12 pistachios – crushed
- 2 pieces of pumpernickel bread (you can use any bread that you’d like)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 TBS lemon curd (or you can use any jelly or jam you’d like)
- Using a hand mixers, beat lemon curd (or jelly) and yogurt – set aside.
- Toast the bread, spread the yogurt, add the sliced peaches and garnish with pistachios.