Can you believe risotto in 6 minutes? It’s true with my Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto recipe (pressure cooker recipe). Creamy and earthy – in just 6 minutes!
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken broth or stock (Vegan substitution: vegetable broth or water)
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion – diced small
- 1 pint of sliced mushrooms (I used cremini mushrooms)
- 4 TBS finely grated parmesan cheese (Vegan substitution: omit cheese)
- Turn Instant Pot to SAUTE setting and let it heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add olive oil and onions and cook for 3 minutes
- Add mushrooms and rice and cook for another 5 minutes (stirring constantly)
- Add broth and change the Instant Pot setting to MANUAL for 6 minutes.
- After 6 minutes, release the steam, open the lid and stir in the parmesan cheese.