Can you believe creamy risotto in just 6 minutes? It’s true with my Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto recipe (pressure cooker recipe). Creamy and earthy – in just 6 minutes!
Risotto is a Northern Italian dish that is usually a labor of love because it involves a constantly stirring and adding liquid until the rice becomes a creamy rich texture. Well no more! Introducing Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto. Simply toast the rice, add the mushrooms, stock, and arborio rice – and 6 minutes later you have a perfectly creamy risotto.
When making risotto, even in the Instant Pot, it’s important to use Arborio rice. Arborio rice is fat grain that comes from Italy. It absorbs the liquid and gives the “fat” rice a creamy texture.
Let’s talk for a minute about the Instant Pot or pressure cooker. The Instant Pot is an electric multi-cooker. It’s a pressure cooker, a slow cooker, a steamer, a rice cooker, a yogurt maker and you can use it to saute and make cakes and bread. For the most part, I use it to saute and as a pressure cooker. Whether you’re cooking for two or six, I recommend the 6 Quart LUV Instant Pot.
You might also like my other Instant Pot recipes:
Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto
Can you believe risotto in 6 minutes? It’s true with my Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto recipe (pressure cooker recipe). Creamy and earthy – in just 6 minutes!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Total Time: 21 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken broth or stock
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion – diced small
- 1 pint of sliced mushrooms (I used cremini mushrooms)
- 4 TBS finely grated parmesan cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to SAUTE setting and let it heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add olive oil and onions and cook for 3 minutes
- Add mushrooms and rice and cook for another 5 minutes (stirring constantly)
- Add broth and change the Instant Pot setting to MANUAL for 6 minutes.
- After 6 minutes, release the steam, open the lid and stir in the parmesan cheese.