Instant Pot Ham and Beans is smokey and a little spicy. It’s the perfect comfort food on a cold or rainy day.
- A 28-ounce bag of dried red beans
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 ham bone with 2 cups of chopped ham
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cooked rice
- Cilantro for garnish
- Turn Instant Pot on to Saute.
- Add olive oil, celery, onion, and green pepper.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add Creole seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add ham bone and ham.
- Add dried beans.
- Add chicken stock.
- Manually set Instant Pot for 50 minutes.
- Do a slow release of another 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
- Garnish with cilantro.
This recipe freezes well for up to 4 months.