Instant Pot Ham and Beans is ready in about an hour. No soaking beans overnight or slowing cooking for hours. Deep, rich, smoky flavors.
I’ve had my Instant Pot for about 6 months now and I seriously don’t know what took me so long to buy one. The only thing I can think of is remembering my Mom using her stove-top pressure cooker…that thing was scary. But the electric programable Instant Pot pressure cooker is an amazing appliance that everyone should have in their house.
It’s so easy to use. Just satay onions, peppers, and celery in olive oil. Add ham and dried beans. Add some chicken or vegetable broth, set it for 50 minutes and walk away. No soaking beans overnight, no mess, no fuss. I developed this specific Instant Pot Ham and Beans recipe because I had a lot of ham leftover from Thanksgiving and you can only eat so many ham sandwiches. It turned out smokey and a bit spicy because I used Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning. I served it over my Instant Pot Coconut Lime Rice which is amazing in itself.
If you’re looking for an Instant Pot, click here to see the one I bought.Print
Instant Pot Ham and Beans
Instant Pot Ham and Beans is smokey and a little spicy. It’s the perfect comfort food on a cold or rainy day.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 75 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- A 28-ounce bag of dried red beans
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 ham bone with 2 cups of chopped ham
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cooked rice
- Cilantro for garnish
- Turn Instant Pot on to Saute.
- Add olive oil, celery, onion, and green pepper.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add Creole seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add ham bone and ham.
- Add dried beans.
- Add chicken stock.
- Manually set Instant Pot for 50 minutes.
- Do a slow release of another 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
- Garnish with cilantro.
This recipe freezes well for up to 4 months.