Cook the perfect rice with the Instant Pot Coconut Lime Rice recipe in just 10 minutes using coconut milk and chicken stock.
*The Rice and liquid measurements are using the rice cup that comes with the Instant Pot
- 3 cups basmati rice
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth or stock (Vegan substitution: vegetable broth or water)
- 1/3 cup toasted sweetened coconut
- Zest of 4–6 limes (mine were very small so I used 6)
- Add the rice, coconut milk and chicken stock to the pot.
- Stir well.
- Cook on rice setting (10 minutes).
While rice is cooking toast sweetened coconut in a small skillet on the stove top
- Turn heat on high.
- Add coconut.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes, frequently stirring and watching coconut closely so it does not burn.
When rice is done cooking
- Stir together cooked rice, toasted coconut and lime zest.