It’s unbelievable but true, Instant Pot BBQ Ribs are done in 20 minutes and they are fall-off-the-bone tender and delicious.
I’ll admit, I was skeptical about cooking ribs in the Instant Pot. Would they really be tender? Would they really cook in 20 minutes? Would they have any flavor? But I am here to tell you these Instant Pot BBQ Ribs were absolutely amazing. They were fall-off-the-bone-tender and delicious.
One thing I am learning about the Instant Pot is there may be an extra short step or two after cooking meats like ribs. In order to get these ribs covered with a chard BBQ crust, I needed to toss them in BBQ sauce and broil them for a few minutes. In the long run, the Instant Pot is still a great tool. I could never have gotten these ribs fall-off-the-bone-tender in 20 minutes. We will definitely be eating a lot more BBQ ribs at our house.
If you like this Instant Pot Recipe, you’ll love these Instant Pot Recipes:
Want an Instant Pot? Here’s the one I have and I love it:
Instant Pot BBQ Ribs
It’s unbelievable, but true, that Instant Pot BBQ Ribs were done in 20 minutes and were fall off the bone delicious.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 ribs 1x
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- 1 package of ribs (mine were already cut by the butcher)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Your favorite homemade or bottled BBQ sauce – we like Sweet Baby Ray’s
- Salt and pepper ribs.
- Place one cup of water in the instant pot.
- Lay ribs in instant pot – I lay them in a hashtag fashion on top of each other.
- Use the manual setting and cook on high for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, do a quick release of the steam valve.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Remove ribs from the instant pot.
- Brush with your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Broil for 10-15 minutes.