Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Tostadas is a great recipe for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. They’re made with creamy refried beans, fluffy scrambled eggs with melted cheese and toppings.
- 6 hard shell corn tostadas
- 1 16-ounce can refried beans
- 6-ounces shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1/2 tomatoe – diced
- 1/4 onion – diced
- 1 jalapeno – sliced
- 6 eggs
- 4 TBS half-n-half
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoe
- 2 TBS diced jalapeno
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBS sour cream mixed with a splash of milk or half-n-half to make it easy to drizzle
- Store-bought guacamole
- 2 TBS chopped fresh cilantro
TO MAKE THE EGGS
- Crack the eggs into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add the half-n-half to the eggs and whisk until they are fully combined.
- Heat the olive oil in a stove-top no-stick skillet on medium heat.
- Add the bell pepper, diced tomatoes, and jalapeno to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the eggs and let them sit for a minute, just until they start to set.
- Use a spatula to move the eggs around, folding them as you go.
- Cook until the eggs are set and remove them from the hot skillet.
- Heat the oven to 350°
- Lay six tostada shells on a cookie sheet.
- Microwave the refried beans in a microwave dish for 1 minute to soften them.
- Divided the beans euqally among the tostada shells and spread them over the entire top of the shells.
- Divide the scrambled eggs among the tostadas and spoon them on the refried beans.
- Top each tostada with 1 ounce of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and top with diced tomatoes, diced onions, chopped cilantro, and guacamole.
- Drizzle each tostada with sour cream.
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch
- Method: Easy Recipe
- Cuisine: Tex Mex