Honey Za’atar Baked Feta Cheese is a Greek-inspired appetizer. Once you try this recipe, it will quickly become your go-to appetizer for any gathering.
- 8-ounce block of fete cheese
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 teaspoon Za’atar spice
- 1 Teaspoon fresh thyme
- 15 pitted kalamata olives
- 3 pepperoncini peppers
- Lemon slices for serving.
- Naan bread or pita bread for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Lightly brush the inside of a baking dish with extra virgin olive oil.
- Place the feta cheese in the baking dish along with the olives, pepperoncini peppers and fresh thyme.
- Pour the 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil over the cheese.
- Sprinlke with Za’atar.
- Bake for 15 minutes and remove it from the oven.
- Set oven to briol.
- Drizzle the honey on top of the cheese and move the olive around a bit with a spoon.
- Return it to the oven and briol for 5-7 minutes. Watch it carefully so it does not burn.
- Serve this dish hot on naan bread or pita bread and drizzle it with lemon.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked and broiled
- Cuisine: Mediterranean