Honey and Thyme Grilled Apricots
Sweet and tangy Honey and Thyme Grilled Apricots have a savory and bright flavor. They are perfect as a side or as a topper to grilled bread and cheese.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 9 minutes
- Total Time: 14 minutes
- Yield: 8-12 servings
- Category: appetizer
- Method: grill
- Cuisine: American
- 8 apricots; cleaned, halved and pits removed.
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 5-6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 TBS honey
- 1 french baguette
- 1 round of fresh burrata or mozzarella cheese
For the Apricots
- Preheat grill to 350-400°
- Brush inside halves of apricots with olive oil
- Grill for 5-6 minutes.
- Flip and grill for another three minutes.
- Remove from grill, sprinkle with fresh thyme and drizzle with olive oil.
For the Baguette
- Slice the baguette.
- Brush each slice with the remaining olive oil.
- Place slices on the grill face down until they toast.
- Slice grilled apricots in half.
- Top each slice of baguette with a piece of cheese and top with a 1/2 piece of apricot.
If you cannot find fresh apricots, you can make this with fresh peaches or plums.
Keywords: grilled fruit, sweet and savory