A few simple ingredients and you can make homemade refrigerator pickled beets any time. Tangy, sweet and a little spicy make these the best pickled beets you’ll ever have.
- 3 roasted (or cooked) beets
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pickling spice (I use McCormick brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pour apple cider and sugar into a stove top pan.
- Stir to dissolve sugar.
- Add pickling spice, salt, and pepper.
- Heat on high until it boils.
- Reduce to simmer and cook 10 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Dice or slice beets.
- Please beets into a canning jar or a container with a cover.
- Pour pickling mixture over beets and seal the container.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours.