Homemade Peppermint Patties are an easy, no-bake candy that everyone loves. With just a few simple ingredients, these are so good they won’t last long.
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1–1/2 teaspoons of peppermint extract
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 bag (12 ounces) of dark chocolate chips
- 1 TBS shortening (I use Crisco)
For the decorative drizzle:
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 3–4 TBS water
- In a large bowl (if you are using a hand mixer) or stand mixer bowl, add sweetened condensed milk and peppermint extract.
- Add confectioners sugar, 1/2 cup at a time.
- Continue mixing until you have a firm dough.
- Dust the countertop with a bit of confectioners sugar and knead the dough for 1-2 minutes.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Using a small spoon, scoop enough dough to make a small ball.
- Place the small balls onto a parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Press each ball with the heal of your hand until they are about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place them back into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- When you are ready to cover them in chocolate, place them in the freezer (10 minutes) while you prepare the melted chocolate.
- In a microwave dish, pour the chocolate chips and the 1 TBS of shortening.
- Microwave for 1 minute, stir and then microwave again for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Remove the peppermint patties from the refrigerator and dip each one into the melted chocolate.
- Place them on a well oiled (with non-stick cooking spray) rack sitting on a cookie sheet or place them on a parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Place them back in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- To prepare the drizzle, mix together the confectioners sugar and water. Drizzle over the patties in any pattern you’d like.
- Store homemade peppermint patties in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve them.
- Prep Time: 70 minutes
- Category: Sweets and Treats
- Method: Easy Recipe
- Cuisine: American