Homemade Berry Poptart Pastries are easy to make and taste just like the store-bought version. Be careful they will disappear the minute you take them out of the oven.
- 1 box (2 rolls) of refrigerator pie crust
- Any flavor berry jam
- 3–4 TBS flour for dusting the counter top
- A small glass of water (for sealing pie crust squares)
- 1 egg white – whipped
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 1–2 TBS water
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Dust the countertop with a bit of flour.
- Open 1 sleave of the pie crust.
- Roll out the pie crust just so you can cut 8 even squares (I use a square cookie cutter).
- Pace 4 of the pie crust squares on to a parchment paper covered cookie sheet.
- Add 2 teaspoons of the jelly or jam.
- Dip your finger into the water and then around the edges of the bottom pie crust square.
- Top with another pie crust square.
- Seal all of the edges with a fork.
- Repeat this for all of the pie crust squares.
- Repeat with the second sleeve of pie crust.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool completely
- Mix confectioners sugar and 1 TBS water; add another TBS if necessary.
- Drizzle sugar frosting over each square and decorate with sprinkles.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes