My Homemade Apple Butter is rich and sweet. I make it on the stove-top so you don’t need any extra kitchen equipment. And you won’t believe how good your house smells when it’s cooking!
- 5–6 apples – I used read gala
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup apple cider or apple juice (substitution: water)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Peel and dice the apples into small pieces.
- Add the lemon juice, apple cider, apples, and sugar to a stove-top pan.
- Heat on high, stirring for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla and spices.
- Reduce it to a simmer, cover and cook for 60 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Allow the reduction to cool.
- Store the apple butter in covered jars in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Easy Recipe
- Method: Stove-Top
- Cuisine: American - fall recipe