- 1 1/2 boxes of chicken stock
- 1 large cans white beans. I use a mix of Navy Beans and Cannelli Beans.
- 3/4 Kielbasa – sliced or diced small
- 1 small onion – diced
- 2 carrots – peeled and diced
- 1 celery stalk – diced
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 6–8 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat oil in large soup pot; add onions, celery and carrots and cook for 5 minutes.
- Rinse beans under cold water until water runs clear; add to onions, celery and carrots.
- Add chicken stock, kielbasa, 4 thyme sprigs.
- Salt and pepper liberally
- Bring to a boil; reduce to a slow simmer and cook for at least 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, use a potato mashers and mash some of the beans.
- Stir and cook for another 30 minutes.