- 1 lb. (1 package) Jennie-O Ground Turkey Breast
- 1/2 small onion – diced
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package low sodium dry taco seasoning
- 1 small can of green chilies
- 4 ounces of prepared salsa
- 2 packages 10-count 12″ soft flour tortillas
- 1 small bag of shredded cheddar cheese
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°
For the filling
- In a stove top skillet, add the olive oil and diced onion; sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the Jennie-O Ground Turkey Breast and brown with onions and olive oil.
- Add the can of green chiles, including the juices and stir.
- Add the dry taco seasoning and the salsa and stir.
- Cook on low for 10 minutes.
To assemble the Taquitos
- Layout 4-6 tortilla shells at a time and place 3 teaspoons full of the turkey mixture in the middle of each tortilla.
- Top each with a bit of the shredded cheese.
- Fold the bottom of the tortilla up toward the top and the roll tightly from the fold.
- Repeat this until all of the tortillas are assembled.
- Spray the rolled Taquitos with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until they start to brown on the edges.
You can make the filling the night before and just roll these up and bake them. They also freeze well.