OK, it’s official, I am loving my Eat More Turkey series and I hope you are too. I’ve partnered with Jennie-O to make these cute and delicious Healthy Turkey Taquitos. And they are perfect for portion control eating.
So what makes these taquitos “healthy”? Well first they are made with Jennie-O Ground Turkey Breast and secondly, they are baked. But since I am addicted to all things avocado, I made a quick little guacamole dip to top my taquitos.
Next time we have a pool party, I am going to make these because they taste great at room temperature and everyone can hold them without any mess.
Healthy Turkey Taquitos
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 20 pieces 1x
- 1 lb. (1 package) Jennie-O Ground Turkey Breast
- 1/2 small onion – diced
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package low sodium dry taco seasoning
- 1 small can of green chilies
- 4 ounces of prepared salsa
- 2 packages 10-count 12″ soft flour tortillas
- 1 small bag of shredded cheddar cheese
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°
For the filling
- In a stove top skillet, add the olive oil and diced onion; sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the Jennie-O Ground Turkey Breast and brown with onions and olive oil.
- Add the can of green chiles, including the juices and stir.
- Add the dry taco seasoning and the salsa and stir.
- Cook on low for 10 minutes.
To assemble the Taquitos
- Layout 4-6 tortilla shells at a time and place 3 teaspoons full of the turkey mixture in the middle of each tortilla.
- Top each with a bit of the shredded cheese.
- Fold the bottom of the tortilla up toward the top and the roll tightly from the fold.
- Repeat this until all of the tortillas are assembled.
- Spray the rolled Taquitos with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until they start to brown on the edges.
You can make the filling the night before and just roll these up and bake them. They also freeze well.