Put dinner on the table in minutes. Healthy Instant Pot Mediterranean Chicken has traditional Greek flavors using tomatoes, kalamata olives and oregano. So good and so easy to prepare.
- 3–4 Skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 can no salt diced tomatoes
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 TBS minced garlic
- 20–25 pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBS Cavender’s All Purpose Greek Seasonings
- 1 TBS dried oregano
- Fresh 0regano sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Cut each chicken breast into 4-5 large pieces.
- Turn Instant Pot on Saute
- Add oil, diced onions, and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken pieces with Greek seasoning.
- Place 1/2 of the chicken breasts into the Instant Pot and brown on both sides (this will take about 3 minutes per side). Working in batches, remove and set aside the first batch and add the second batch. Remove all of the chicken once browned.
- Add the canned tomatoes, olives and dried oregano.
- Using a wooden spoon scrape up all of the brown bits stuck to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Nestle the chicken breasts into the tomato-olive mixture.
- Set the Instant Pot on Manual/High for 15 minutes.
- Allow it to self-release for 10 minutes, then pressure release until all of the steam has escaped.
- Serve over orzo or rice.