This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Crunchy Parmesan Chickpeas are the perfect snack. Crunchy, salty, cheesy and good for you. They are perfect for game day or anytime you’re craving a salty crunchy treat.
When it comes to snacking I am all about salty and crunchy. I actually prefer potatoes chips or salted popcorn before a piece of chocolate cake. I know – crazy (or Krazy) – right! I have now found my new favorite healthy snack…Crunchy Parmesan Chickpeas.
I like to peel the skins off my chickpeas but this step is completed optional. Or you can give the peeling job to the kids or a friend.
I made a big bowl of these one night last week and they were gone before I knew it. Although I could have eaten the entire bowl myself, I was kind enough to share. They are simple to make and simply delicious. Tossed with olive oil and dusted with grated parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.Print
- 1 large can of Chickpeas (also called Garbanzo Beans) – can size is 1 lbs. 13 oz.
- 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Rinse chickpeas in water until there is no foam.
- Lay chickpeas out on a dry kitchen towel and pat dry with another towel or paper towels.
- Gently rub the top towel over the chickpeas to loosen the skin.
- Peel skin off chickpeas.
- Spread onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Toss with olive oil parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 40 minutes, stirring at the 20-minute mark.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Snacks and Appetizers