This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
All you need to make Hamburger Ramen Noodles is ground beef, some veggies, some Asian flavors, and ramen noodles.
This recipe is super easy to make and it’s jammed with great Asian flavors. It’s like Asian-style Hamburger Helper.
Ingredients in Hamburger Ramen Noodles
Ground Beef – I use an 80/20 ground beef mixture. Of course, I pour off all the excess grease after I brown it.
Veggies – Red and green bell peppers, broccoli, canned baby corn, and canned bean sprouts
Ramen Noodles – I used two packages of ramen noodles without the flavor envelope.
Flavorings and Spices – Bottled hoisin sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, grated ginger, red pepper flakes, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar, black and white sesame seeds.
Peanut Butter – yes, you read that right! I added 2 TBS of creamy peanut butter to the sauce. Not only does the peanut butter add great flavor, but it also acts as a thickener to the sauce so you don’t need to use cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
Do I have to use fish sauce?
No, you don’t have to use fish sauce in the recipe. Bet let me tell you a little about fish sauce. It is made from fermented fish and I can tell you, first hand, you don’t want to smell it and you don’t want to actually taste it. But what it does to food is amazing. By adding just a little fish sauce, you get a deep savory flavor. It’s called a true umami condiment and I swear by it. Think about how you use Worcestershire sauce – just a little bit makes the flavors deep and delicious.
You don’t have to use ground beef for this recipe, you can easily substitute it with ground turkey or ground chicken for a healthier version. You can also use a lower fat content ground beef.
Serving this dish
I like to serve this dish side-by-side, like the photos show. That way I can scoop some of the noodles with my fork and then some of the beef and take a great big bite. My husband does just the opposite, he mixes his altogether. So feel free to serve it any way you’d like…it’s delicious any way you eat it.
more of my most popular recipes
- Cajun Red Beans and Rice
- Tuna Noodle Casserole with Crunchy Topping
- Crustless Spinach Pie
- Black Bean Soup
- Fresh Mango Salsa
Hamburger Ramen Noodles
- 2 packages of Ramen Noodles cooked without the seasoning packets.
- 1 lbs. ground beef
- 1/2 red bell pepper - diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper - diced
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 15- ounce can of baby corn - drain the liquid off
- 1/2 14- ounce can of bean sprouts
- 2 TBS jarred Hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 TBS peanut butter
- Black and white sesame seeds for garnish optional
- In a small bowl, mix together hoisin, soy sauce, ginger, red peppe flakes, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar, and peanut butter.
- Add the sesame oil to a large skillet and stir in the red and green bell pepper (reserve 2 TBS of each for the ramen noodles.)
- Cook peppers for 3 minutes.
- Add ground beef and cook until fully browned.
- Pour off excess liquid.
- Pour the sauce mixture over the ground beef and stir it in thoroughtly.
- Add the broccoli, baby corn and sprouts and cook on medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Toss cooked ramen noodles with the extra bell peppers and garnish with sesame seeds.
- Serve side-by-side or toss ramen noodles and beef together.