Ham and Spinach Quiche is a savory egg and cheese that can be served hot or cold, for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner.
- 1 refrigerator pie crust – you can also use frozen or made-from-scratch pie crust
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup half n half
- 4 ounces diced ham
- 2–3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1–1/2 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Place refrigerator pie crust into a pie pan/dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes – remove from oven and let it cool for 10-15 minutes. (Note: crust will not be fully cooked – it should only be parbaked.
- Place the diced ham in a stove top pan and cook on medium-high for 5 minutes to remove the water from the ham.
- When the ham appears to have no more water, add the spinach, one handful at a time.
- Cook spinach for 1-2 minutes – it should wilt quickly.
- Remove the ham and spinach from the burner and set aside to cool.
- While pie crust and ham/spinach are cooling, beat the eggs and half n half.
- Next, add the salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- To assemble the quiche, spread the ham/spinach mixture on the bottom of the pie crust, add the cheese, and carefully pour in the egg mixture.
- Place the pie pan in the oven and cook for 10 minutes at 425°
- After 10 minutes, reduce the heat to 350° and back for another 30-35 minutes.
- Cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Category: Breakfast and Brunch
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Brunch, breakfast, breakfast pie