This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Greek-Style Panzanella Salad has all of the ingredients of a traditional Panzanella salad. I made it Greek by adding feta cheese, orzo, olives, and Greek seasonings.
Panzanella Salad is traditionally a Tuscan Salad made from tomatoes and dry bread that soaks up the dressing and the juices from the tomatoes. My Greek Style Panzanella salad has both tomatoes and bread, but it also has some delicious Greek-style flavors.
This is the perfect summertime salad because there is no mayonnaise and it’s easily portable to take on a picnic, to the beach or a cookout.
The salty feta cheese mixes with the tangy dressing for a creamy texture. I also use Cavender’s All Purpose Greek Seasoning in my dressing which is a mix of oregano, garlic, and other “secret” spices. I love this spice blend and use it for everyday cooking on chicken, chops and other salad dressings.
If you like Greek Style Panzanella Salad, you’ll also like Light Greek Lemon Orzo Soup.
Greek Style Panzanella Salad has all of the ingredients of a traditional panzanella salad with feta cheese, orzo, olives and Greek seasonings.
For the Salad:
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and chilled orzo pasta
- 4 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 12 green olives, pitted and cut in half
- 12 kalatama olives, pitted and cut in half
- 20 cheery tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber – chopped into small piece
- 1 baguette
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For the Dressing:
- 4 oz. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 oz. red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Cavender’s All Purpose Greek Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Cut baguette into crouton sized pieces.
- Toss baguette pieces in 1/2 teaspoon olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Toss together cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, feta and orzo.
- Add dressing (recipe below)>
- Add bread.
- Toss and serve.
For the Dressing:
- Mix together olive oil, vinegar, oregano, Greek seasoning, salt and pepper. (I use a mason jar and shake all of the ingredients together.)