Pressure Cooker Ginger Beer Pulled Pork is easy, convenient, quick and delicious. It’s moist and has a sweet and subtle ginger taste from the ginger beer.
- 2.25 lbs pork shoulder
- 1–1/2 cups ginger beer
- 2 TBS brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat pressure cooker on Saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Cut the pork shoulder into 6-8 pieces.
- When the Saute function is hot, add the olive oil to the inner pot of the pressure cooker.
- Sear each piece of the pork shoulder on all sides until it’s very brown. You are looking for a deep sear which will add to the flavor. Each side can take up to 5 minutes and you may need to work in batches.
- Once the pork is seared, add all of the pieces to the pressure cooker.
- Stir together all of the other ingredients and pour them over the pork in the pressure cooker.
- Set the pressure cooker on high and cook for 50 minutes.
- Let it self release once the cooking time is over.
- Remove the pork pieces from the pressure cooker and shredded each of the big peices using two forks.
- Category: Pressure Cooker/Pork
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American