With only three ingredients and an abundance of fresh strawberries, it’s easy and economical to make your own Fresh Strawberry Sauce.
- 2 pints of fresh strawberries
- 1/2 granulated sugar
- juice of 1/2 lemon (2 TBS)
- Clean and remove stems from strawberries.
- Cut berries into small equal-sized pieces.
- Place berries in a small stove-top pot.
- Add sugar and lemon juice and stir.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let sit until room temperature.
- Store in the refrigerator in a covered container (I use a mason jar) for several days.