I have been on a bit of an avocado binge lately; literally putting in and on everything. And there is no better way to say goodbye to summer than to use up some of those delicious, fresh, juicy vegetables in a bright salad. Just look at those colors! I call it “eat the rainbow”.
This is so easy that I made it for a quick lunch one afternoon, literally from the ingredients I had in my refrigerator.
A couple of little bright red cherry tomatoes, a ripe English cucumber, some pearl mozzarella balls and avocado and SNAP – it’s a fresh lunch that made me feel like I was serving guests that afternoon. I also love plain Greek yogurt because it’s so versatile. I wanted this salad to have a creamy texture to go perfectly with the creaminess of the avocado so I used that go-to Greek yogurt with a splash of red wine vinegar. Needless to say – I was a happy lunch time gal!
Fresh Avocado Salad
- Yield: 1-2 1x
- 1 ripe avocado
- 10–12 cherry tomatoes – sliced into quarters
- 1/3 English cucumber – diced
- 10 small pearl mozzarella balls
- 1 TBS plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Please avocado, tomatoes, cucumber and mozzarella balls in a dish; salt and pepper liberally.
- Add yogurt and vinegar; stir.
- Serve cold.