The perfect brunch recipe.
- 7–8 slices of bread cut 1″ thick
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup half-n-half (substitute milk)
- 1/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 2–4 pats of butter for cooking toast
- Preheat oven to 250°
- In a shallow baking dish, wisk together eggs, half-n-half, nutmeg, and salt.
- Heat a large stove-top skillet on high for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add 1 pat of butter to skillet to melt
- Working in batches of 2-3, dip slice of bread into egg batter for 5 seconds, flip it over for another 5 seconds.
- Cook toast 3-4 minutes on each side.
- When done cooking, place slices in a shallow oven-proof baking dish or plate and place in the oven.
- Repeat untill all of the toast is cooked.
- Category: Breakfast/Brunch
- Method: Stove-Top
- Cuisine: American