This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
At home or on the go, make-ahead, freezer-friendly Egg Ham Cheese Croissants are a simple way to make a full breakfast the entire family will love.
We are big breakfast eaters at our house. On those days when I just didn’t have enough time in the morning to make myself a real breakfast, I would stop at a local fast food place or coffee shop to pick up a breakfast sandwich. Now I make my own Egg Ham Cheese Croissants.
Egg Ham Cheese Croissants make-ahead/freezer friendly
When I know that I have a couple of busy weeks ahead of me, I will spend some time on Sunday afternoon to do some meal prep. These tasty breakfast sandwiches are easy to make ahead of time.
- I make a dozen of these breakfast sandwiches, save a few for breakfast the next morning and freeze the rest.
- I simply let them cool completely, wrap them individually in plastic wrap, put them all into a large zip-top bag, and pop them into the freezer.
- When I’m ready to eat one, I unwrap it, place it on a paper plate or microwave oven-safe plate and microwave it for 15-20 seconds. Then I’m ready to grab my coffee, my briefcase, my bag, and my sandwich and jump in the car. It’s that easy!
And I’ll let you in on a little secret…I’ve even made these for friends for Sunday brunch and they didn’t even know that I made them ahead of time. I just thawed them on a cookie sheet in the refrigerator and warmed them in the oven when they arrived. Easy and it was my little secret!
Check out some of my other easy recipes:Print
At home or on the go, make ahead, freezer-friendly Egg Ham Cheese Croissants are a simple way to make a full breakfast the entire family will love.
- 12 small or mini croissants – sliced in half
- 6 extra large size eggs or 8 large size eggs
- 1/4 cup half-n-half
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 6 slices deli ham – cut in half
- 6 sliced of deli cheddar cheese – cut in half
- 2 TBS mayonnaise (I use Greek style)
- 1 TBS Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Add olive oil to a large non-stick stove-top pan or skillet and turn the heat on medium low.
- Crack eggs into a large bowl and beat in the half-n-half.
- Pour eggs into the pan and let it sit for just a few moments.
- With a spatula, move eggs around in the pan.
- When the eggs are set, salt and pepper them to taste.
- Place them on a large plate or in a large bowl and let them cool completely.
- While the eggs are cooling, line the sliced croissant onto a cookie sheet.
- Mix the Dijon mustard and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- To assemble the sandwiches, add a small amount of the mustard/mayo to one side of each croissant (I use the back of a small spoon to smear the sauce onto the croissant slice).
- Place a spoonful of the scrambled eggs on top of the sauce.
- Add a half slice of ham and a half slice of cheese and repeat until all of the sandwiches are made.
- Place the cookie sheet into the oven and bake, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes, until the cheese begins to melt.
- Serve immediately or let them cool completely and freeze.
To freeze the sandwiches:
- Make sure they are completely cooled and at room temperature.
- Wrap each croissant individually with plastic wrap.
- Place them all into a large zip-top bag and place them in the freezer.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Make Ahead
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: breakfast sandwich, grab and go