We ate a lot of shrimp when I was growing up because my Dad loved it. My Dad also loved watermelon, so that made a regular showing on our table too. For a long time I didn’t eat much of either. And just my luck, my husband, Vince loves shrimp just about as much as my Dad did. So every once in a while I go ahead and spoil him and this Shrimp Scampi was a bit hit.
When I found these Gulf Coast Pink Shrimp at our market, I knew I’d be making shrimp scampi that night. And you might not know but Shrimp Scampi is probably one of the easiest and fastest fancy food you can make.
This is a great appetizer or a meal for two. You can eat it with our without pasta.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
- Category: Healthy
- Cuisine: Seafood
- 10-12 medium-large sized shrimp peeled and deveined, leaving the tails on (we used Gulf Coast Pink Shrimp)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove – diced tiny
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Splash or white wine
- 1/4 + 1 TBS butter (I like to use salted butter for this)
- 1/2 lemon – quartered for garnish
- Pat both sides of the shrimp with a paper towel to dry.
- Lightly salt and pepper both sides.
- In a stove top pan, heat the olive oil on medium high for about 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook for 3 minutes on one side.
- Turn shrimp and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
- Using wine, deglaze the pan and add the butter.
- When the butter is melted, add the garlic and cook for about 2-3 minutes, making sure the garlic does not burn.
- Add the shrimp back to the pan and cook for another 3 -4 minutes.
- Serve with lemon slice garnish.