This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
We ate a lot of shrimp when I was growing up because my Dad loved it. My Dad also loved watermelon, so that made a regular showing on our table too. For a long time I didn’t eat much of either. And just my luck, my husband, Vince loves shrimp just about as much as my Dad did. So every once in a while I go ahead and spoil him and this Shrimp Scampi was a bit hit.
When I found these Gulf Coast Pink Shrimp at our market, I knew I’d be making shrimp scampi that night. And you might not know but Shrimp Scampi is probably one of the easiest and fastest fancy food you can make.
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
This is a great appetizer or a meal for two. You can eat it with our without pasta.
- 10–12 medium-large sized shrimp peeled and deveined, leaving the tails on (we used Gulf Coast Pink Shrimp)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove – diced tiny
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Splash or white wine
- 1/4 + 1 TBS butter (I like to use salted butter for this)
- 1/2 lemon – quartered for garnish
- Pat both sides of the shrimp with a paper towel to dry.
- Lightly salt and pepper both sides.
- In a stove top pan, heat the olive oil on medium high for about 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook for 3 minutes on one side.
- Turn shrimp and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
- Using wine, deglaze the pan and add the butter.
- When the butter is melted, add the garlic and cook for about 2-3 minutes, making sure the garlic does not burn.
- Add the shrimp back to the pan and cook for another 3 -4 minutes.
- Serve with lemon slice garnish.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Healthy
- Cuisine: Seafood
Leave a Reply