Easy Honey Lime Baked Shrimp can be served cold or hot as an appetizer or a main dish over pasta. It will brighten up any summertime get together.
- 2 lbs. large shrimp
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 TBS honey
- 2 cloves of garlic – roughly chopped
- Juice from two limes
- Zest from one lime
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and Pepper
- Remove shells from shrimp and devein.
- In large zip top bag mix olive oil, honey, garlic, pepper flakes, lime juice, lime zest and salt and pepper.
- Add the shrimp to the bag and gently shake the bag to get the marinade over all of the shrimp.
- Marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Turn bag at 30 minute mark to ensure that all of the shrimp is soaking up the marinade.
- Remove bag of shrimp from refrigerator and let it sit while you preheat the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Lay shrimp on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
This dish can be served cold or hot. If I serve it hot, I serve it over pasta.