This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
The best part of any brownie is the crispy edge. Easy Crispy Brownies From A Box Mix is the perfect recipe for this crispy crunchy brownie part that everyone loves.
I don’t think our house is any different than any other in the search for more crispy crunch brownie edges. At one point I even purchased a pan that promised to provide more brownie edges for the chance of getting more crunchiness in every bite. While the pan did provide more crispy surface edges, it still wasn’t enough for us.
Now that I have tested and perfected crispy brownies it’s the only way I will ever make them again. And here’s the best part, there are only five ingredients (if you count water as an ingredient).
- Boxed brownie mix
- 1 egg
- Vegetable oil
- Sea salt
Krazy Kitchen Mom Tip
When you make this recipe for the first time, watch your oven carefully. I thought this would only need to bake for 45 minutes, but as I continued to check for the perfect crunchy edges, I found that my oven required almost 70 minutes of baking time. My advice is to start by setting the oven for 50 minutes and check it at 5 minute intervals. If the brownie are not crispy enough, put them back for another 5-7 minutes and check it again.
Easy Crispy Brownies From A Box Mix
- 1 box brownie mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 325°
- In a bowl, mix the brownie box mix, the egg, water and vegetable oil.
- Spread mixture thinly on a large parchment-lined cookie sheet, spreading all the way to the edge.
- Sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- Bake for 50-70 minutes (see note on cooking time).
- Let the brownies cool completely.
- Break into bite-sized pieces.
- Crispy brownies can be stored in a zip-top bag for 3-4 days.