- 5 large russet potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 TBS butter (I use salted butter)
- 1/2 cup half n half
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place peeled/diced potatoes into a large stove-top pot and cover with water and lots of salt.
- Boil potatoes on high for 15 minutes or until they are fork tender.
- Drain potatoes; mash potatoes with butter, half n half and slowly mash in the egg yolks.
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Fold in cheddar cheese.
- Place the mixture into a piping bag with a tip (you can also use a zip top bag by cutting off a small corner and using a decorative tips.
- Pipe potatoes onto a cookie sheet covered with parchment or a non-stick baking mat.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes until they just start to turn brown. (I watch them carefully at the 20 minute mark.)
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes.