Get the same great taste of slow cooked stuffed peppers with this delicious deconstructed stuffed pepper casserole. Mix everything together and have it on the table in no time. This is another video recipe.
For some reason, I am obsessed with bell peppers lately. I am using them for everything and making a lot of recipes that include bell peppers. As a kid, I never liked bell peppers. In fact, I think the first time I finally started to eat bell peppers was at a family cookout when I was a teenager and the only reason I liked them was becasue I was dipping them in a huge dish of ranch dressing. Well, I do not hide them in ranch dressing any longer.
I actually prefer yellow peppers and red peppers over green peppers. And you might be wondering what the difference is. Red, yellow and orange peppers are actually ripe bell peppers. Green peppers are picked before they are ripe which gives them a more bitter taste. So if you have someone in your family who doesn’t like green bell peppers, try serving them yellow, red or orange bell peppers. So might be surprised at the reaction.
Deconstructed stuffed bell pepper casserole is one of the easiest and quickest weeknight dinners. This version of stuffed peppers really does tastes like you labored to make traditional stuffed peppers.
And if you are in the mood for full Stuffed Peppers, you can get the recipe here: Italian Style Stuffed Bell Peppers
And leave me a comment if you want to see more videos like this one.Print
Deconstructed Stuffed Pepper Casserole
Get the same great taste of slow cooked stuffed peppers with this delicious deconstructed stuffed pepper casserole. This is another video recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 red bell pepper – diced
- 1 green bell pepper – diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper – diced
- 2 14-1/2 ounce cans of diced tomatoes – drain one can
- 1 TBS salt
- 1 TBS Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Bell pepper rings for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and ground chicken.
- Drain any liquid.
- Add diced peppers and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes.
- Add salt and Italian seasoning.
- Stir all together.
- Transfer the entire mixture to a baking dish.
- Top with cheese and bell pepper rings.
- Bake covered for 35 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 10 minutes.