Cucumber Tomato Summer Salad is tangy, sweet and summertime fresh. Made with fresh garden vegetables, it’s perfect for any occasion.
- 1-pint cherry tomatoes (I used heirloom cherry tomatoes)
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 bulb of fennel
- 4 celery ribs
- 1 cup red wine or cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 TBS dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cut and slice the tomatoes, cucumber, fennel, and celery into similar size pieces.
- In a jar, add the vinegar, sugar, oregano, salt, and pepper. Secure with a lid and shake until the sugar is dissolved.
- If you are making just one large jar, just add the veggies to the vinegar mixture.
- If you are making individual servings, pour equal amounts of the vinegar mixture into smaller jars and then add the veggies.
- Place in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours. If you’ve made them far enough in advance they are even better if you refrigerate them overnight.
These will last in the refrigerator for 4 days.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: American