Crunchy Taco Wrap
Bring fast food home by making a homemade Crunchy Taco Wrap. An easy to eat crispy taco wrapped in a soft shell and browned in a stove-top skillet.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 10 wraps 1x
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: Stove-Top
- Cuisine: Tex Mex
- 1 package of 12-inch soft flour taco shells (10 in a pack)
- 10 hard corn tostadas (substitution: hard taco shells broken in half)
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 envelop of taco seasoning
- Sour cream
- Nacho Cheese (I used the Tostitos brand – medium heat)
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Brown ground beef and pour off any grease or liquid.
- Add the taco seasons per the instructions on the package.
- Let the meat cool for 30 minutes before assembling the taco wrap.
- Lay one large soft taco on a cutting board or a large plate.
- Add 3 TBS of the taco meat.
- Add 3 TBS of the nacho cheese.
- Place the hard tostada shell on top of the meat and cheese.
- Add 1-2 TBS sour cream on top of the hard tostada shell.
- Add a handful of shredded lettuce.
- Add 2-TBS diced tomatoes.
- Carefully fold one side of the soft flour shell toward the center.
- Continue folding toward the center until the taco is enclosed.
- Place the folded taco onto a cutting board or large plate folded side down and press slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Continue until all of the crunch taco wraps are finished.
- Melt 1 TBS of butter in a large stove-top skilled or griddle.
- Place the taco in the pan folded side down.
- Cook until it browns.
- Flip the taco and brown the bottom side.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Keywords: Tex Mex, Taco Bell