Cranberry Sauce with Cardamom and Cinnamon
Once you’ve tasted Cranberry Sauce with Cardamom and Cinnamon, you’ll never want traditional cranberry sauce again. Warm winter flavors of citrus, herbs, and spice.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Sauces
- Method: Stove-top
- Cuisine: American
- 2 bags (24 ounces) of fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Juice and zest from 2 oranges
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon of cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- In a stove-top pot, add cranberries, sugar, orange zest and juices.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add spices and cinnamon sticks.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Reduce it to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon sticks.
- Cool in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before servings.
This cranberry sauce can be stored in an air-tight container, in the refrigerator, for 1 week.
I use a large mason jar to store my cranberry sauce in the refrigerator.