This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Light, fluffy, sweet, tangy all in one bite! Cranberry Orange Muffins with Orange Glaze are easy to make and quick to bake.
By now you know I love cranberries; they’re my favorite ingredient for the holiday season. I start buying cranberries as soon as they are in the grocery store, which for us is early November. They are relatively inexpensive at about $1.49 a bag. I usually start with 3 bags, but it’s not soon after that I’m back at the store buying more.
Before we get to these mouth-watering muffins, I have a few facts about cranberries:
- Cranberries are about 90% water.
- They are one of the few fruits that are native to North America.
- One cup of fresh cranberries is about 50 calories.
- Legenda has it that cranberries were part of the first Thanksgiving dinner.
- Peak season for cranberries is October – December.
- Cranberries are rich in antioxidants.
- The State that grows the most cranberries – Wisconsin – It’s true!
And now on to these sweet and tart Cranberry Muffins with Orange Glaze!
Warning – these Cranberry Muffins with Orange Glaze will make you amazing happy with every bite. And the recipe is very easy – I say that because I’m not one to make involved baked goods, although I am a fan of baking shows on TV. I also like to bake these because I had all of the ingredients right in my pantry – so it’s a real g0-t0-anytime kind of muffin. So if I can make these, so can you!
If you like this cranberry recipe, you’ll also like:
Cranberry Muffins with Orange Glaze
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) room temperature
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- zest of 1 large orange
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar3-6 tbsp fresh orange juice (start with 3 tbsp and add more as needed; glaze should be thick).
- 1 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 3-6 tbsp fresh orange juice (Start with 3 tbsp and add more as needed; the glaze should be thick.)
For the muffins:
- Place cupcake liners into a muffin tin.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Toss cranberries with 1 tbsp white granulated sugar and set aside.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to a bowl and set aside.
- Mix butter, sugars, and eggs until combined.
- Add milk, orange juice, orange zest, vanilla, yogurt, and mix for 1 minute.
- Add flour mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Fold in the cranberries by hand.
- Divide batter between 12 lined muffins papers.
- Top each with 2-3 additional cranberries if desired.
- Place muffins in the oven and immediately turn down the heat to 375°.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before glazing.
- Garnish with sugar cranberries if desired.
For the glaze:
- Add confectioners sugar to a medium-sized bowl.
- Add orange juice 1 TBS at a time.
- Stir, adding orange juice, as needed until desired consistency.
To glaze muffins:
- Add confectioners’’ sugar to a bowl.
- Add orange juice 1 tbsp at a time and whisk.
- Continue adding orange juice until smooth, thick, and creamy.