My Cranberry Chutney Recipe is the perfect blend of sweet and spicy. Serve it on top of cream cheese with crackers for a holiday favorite.
- 12-ounce bag of fresh cranberries
- 1/2 20-ounce can of crushed or tidbit-sized pineapple – drained
- 1 15-ounce mandarin oranges – drained
- 1 large apple – peeled and diced small
- 1/3 cup black raisins
- Zest from 1 orange
- 1/2 cup fresh or bottled orange juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I suggest starting with a 1/4 teaspoon and tasing it. If you want more heat, add another 1/4 teaspoon).
- Add all of the ingredients to a stove-top pan.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Reduce it to a simmer and cook on low for 20 minutes, stirred occasionally.
- Cool completely before storing it.
- Category: Appetizer, condiment
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Thanksgiving cranberry sauce, cranberry condiment, chutney, spice chutney