This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Corned Beef and Swiss Flatbread Pizza is made with leftover corned beef, naan bread, swiss cheese, topped with a cabbage and carrot coleslaw.
If you follow me, you know that I love to make flatbread pizzas. I always use Naan bread as my base and add all types of different ingredients.
INGREDIENTS in corned beef and swiss flatbread pizza
- Naan bread – I love the taste and consistency of naan bread. It really holds up to all types of flatbread ingredients. I bake it before I add ingredients to get it a little crispy before the send bake.
- Shredded Swiss cheese – Swiss cheese is a mild cows-milk cheese. I think it has a slightly nutty flavor and it’s a tradition to pair it with corned beef.
- Diced corned beef – I use the leftover corned beef from my Pressure Cooker Corned Beef recipe.
- Vinegar-base coleslaw – Because the corned beef and Swiss cheese are strong savory flavors, I wanted something more acidic and tangy to go on top of the flatbread. So I made a vinegar-based coleslaw to use as a topping. It also adds a great crispy element to the dish.
cabbage and carrot coleslaw ingredients
- Apple cider vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- White sugar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Celery seed
- Shredded cabbage and carrots
Simply whisk the first five ingredients together and toss with the cabbage and carrots. See the recipe card for the exact measurements.
Make the corned beef and swiss flatbread pizza
- Start by baking the naan bread for 7-10 minutes.
- Add Swiss cheese.
- Add cooked diced corned beef.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Top with cold coleslaw.
- Garnish with celery seed.
Krazy Kitchen Mom Tips
- You can make the coleslaw a day in advance. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Be sure to bake the naan 7-10 minutes before you build the flatbread for the second bake. You want to get it as crispy as possible without overcooking the other ingredients. Think about how you would make homemade pizza.
- You can store the flatbread without the coleslaw for 1-2 days in the refrigerator.
- Buy naan bread when it’s on sale and freeze it. Wrap each individual piece in plastic wrap and place them in a ziptop bag to freeze. When you are ready to thaw them, just remove the amount you want, unwrap, and place on the countertop for 1 hour.
My other flatbread pizza recipes
- Three Cheese Cranberry Flatbread – A perfect cheesy, tart, sweet appetizer for the holidays.
- Cheeseburger Flatbread – Taste just like a cheeseburger but on a flatbread pizza.
- Breakfast Flatbread – Scrambled eggs and all the toppings on a flatbread pizza.
- Greek Salad Flatbread – Just want it says…a flatbread topped with Greek Salad.
- Rotisserie BBQ Chicken Flatbread – Easy for any weeknight dinner.
- Thai Peanut Chicken Flatbread – All the flavors on Thai Peanut Chicken on a flatbread pizza.
Corned Beef and Swiss Flatbread Pizza
For the Coleslaw
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBS Dijon mustard
- 1 TBS white sugar
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 cups shredded cabbage and carrots
For the Flatbread
- 2 Naan flatbreads
- 2/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2/3 cup cooked diced corned beef
- 1 cup coleslaw
For the Coleslaw
- Whisk togethere the vinegar, mustard, sugar, olive oil, and celery seed.
- Toss with the shredded cabbage and carrots.
- Refrigerate up to 4 days.
For the Flatbread
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Bake Naans on a cookie sheet for 7-10 minutes.
- Cover the baked naans with 1/2 of the Swiss cheese each.
- Top each with 1/2 of the cooked diced corned beef.
- Bake for another 10 mintues.
- Remove from oven and add 1/3-1/2 cup of colslaw to each naan flatbread.
- If desired, sprinkle with a bite more celery seed.
- Slice and serve with a side of coleslaw.