Cornbread Spinach Cheese Bites
Cornbread Spinach Cheese Bites are an easy make-ahead appetizer or treat using frozen spinach, boxed corn muffin mix, and cheese. They also freeze great.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 60 spinach bites 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 box frozen chopped spinach – drained and water squeezed out
- 2 eggs
- 3 oz. melted butter
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large bowl mix together, add eggs, butter, and blue cheese dressing.
- Add spices, parmesan cheese, and Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix.
- Add spinach and cheddar cheese.
- Mix well.
- Using a small cookie scoop or a spoon, make small balls with the dough.
- Place dough on a parchment covered cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing.
These freeze very well. Once they are completely cooled, place them in a zip-top bag in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Keywords: holiday appetizer, appetizer, spinach balls